A carer’s certificate is a document issued by a doctor that confirms you were caring for an unwell family or household member.
Australian employees are entitled to paid leave to provide this care. Your employer is legally obliged to pay for carer’s leave if you provide a valid carer’s certificate.
How it works
- Login/register with Qoctor
- Complete a brief health questionnaire
- Pay the $22.99 fee
- Select your appointment time
- Use the video link to enter your appointment at the scheduled time
- Chat to a doctor (it is important that the person being cared for is present)
- Receive your certificate immediately, via email*
- For more information see how it works
*subject to doctor’s assessment
Advantages of getting a carer’s certificate online
- Saves money -the consultation fee is an affordable $22.99.
- Saves time – carer’s leave can be spent caring, not queueing.
- Less spread of infection – you don’t need to sit among sick people in a doctor’s waiting room. This is especially important during the Covid-19 pandemic.
For comprehensive information about about employment law follow the link to: www.fairwork.gov.au
We also have an online tool for employers to check the validity of your certificate here
Reviews from TrustPilot
“Fantastic Great experience!”
“Quick, convenient and professional”
“Very helpful! They’re a new service, and seem committed to helping. Friendly doctor and pretty straightforward. Very happy with it……lots of innovations coming up by the sound of it!”